Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sivaraman and his horse Selvi , Palani

 IMG_2055 IMG_2044

Recently I have gone for a Pilgrimage trip to Palani.I happen to travel through Kuthirai vandi of Sivaraman.

 IMG_2054

I was little nostalgic remembering early eighties and late seventies this type of Kuthirai vandi were available plenty in places like Nagercoil.

Particularly during my early school days in Duthie Tamil Lower Primary school I have seen many students of Duthie Mortan Engllish primary school coming to schools by  such Kuthirai vandi it was commonly available in Nagercoil town. Those vehicles are extinct and those days are gone.In palani I had a nice experience of Kuthirai vandi ride.

 

I need to say some thing about Siva Raman. He starts his day by seeing Palani hills Praying to the Lord Murugan and Sakadai Siddar (a saint) who stays near adivaram Palani hills. He says his day will go smooth.

After spending an hour or so I could able to feel he is very happy and he lives more of present than future.Some times I used to feel people like Sivaraman are more blessed .

I take this opportunity to say Thanks to him for showing Girivalam Palani.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,