Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nadars

In one of my earlier post I have mentioned about Rabindran and his family Genology .In the meantime I was exploring has any one done such a research of Genology /Family tree from South.I was surprised to see an interesting website about one of the richest Nadar family in south..There they have mentioned about some interesting news about Nadars .The blog covers the family origin from Vanniya Nadar1 and the descendents of the family approximately 150 years before.To read more Click here.



Further the web blog says

"During the golden ages, the ancient Nadars governed their villages abiding by the principles of jurisprudence following the six - thousand Pandiyars. The Nayakka Kings, who came to resolve the issues between the Nadars, invaded the lands of Nadars. Owing to the change of government and the ruthless exploitation of the new administrators “Palayapattukaras”, many of the Nadars who lost their lands had to relocate to the villages of Kongu Nadu, such as Coimbatore and Salem and renamed themselves to be Chettys and Gounders."


Vanniya Nadar family had met King George V in 1909.To read more click here

"During the year 1909, all the family members went with Vanniya Nadar 2 to Bombay to see King George V. Then, he took everybody to the ancestral temple at Theri, Nasareth for the tonsuring function of V.V.S.Natarajan and V.V.S.Rajarathinam. He installed the statue of Karkozhai Ayyanar Swamigal at the cost of Rs.700 in the Theri temple ( The sculpture of the same is still there at the entrance of the temple ). He also used to visit couttralam often. He took care of all the family members with great love and affection. He also hosted all the guests, relatives and well-wishers with respect, honor and affection."


Further some of the Old photos.


Every one knows KAMARAJ nadar for his simplicity.There is a scene in KAMARAJ movie in the scene he will ask his people not to use Siren in his Pilot car .The picture shows KAMARAJ as a down to earth simple person.In one of the talk show some one said during Kamraj's time only a PWD contract for construction of Bridge had constructed far far below the budgeted value.The ministers and the government machinery was working so efficiently during KAMARAJ's time.



I would like to mention my personal experience about one of the Nadar business man a richest person in Viruthunagar .I have gone to meet the person.He was awarded as NO:1 Exporter for one of the whole sale spice products in India.I have taken appointment about to meet him.He is the Chairman of the company.I was enquiring his company and gone inside his factory .I never know who is the chairman of the company as that was the first time I am meeting him .

I was watching a person(skinny) age around 65 talking to watchman wearing a dhoti taking his Bicycle .I was enquiring to the watch man I want to meet the person and told him the name .He shown he is the Chairman...I couldn't believe such a simplicity no bantha...very simple..I have nearly 1 hour talk with him at any point of time I could never sense any arrogance of money.But I could sense only hard work,simplicity and do the Job..I never seen any flashy things at his office except simplicity ..I don't know whether Kamaraj nadar had influenced such a simplicity to people of Viruthu nagar.I was so astonished .I can never forget him .