Thursday, January 10, 2008

While buying in Big Retail stores

Recently I went to shop in Eastern stores,Bangalore to buy the winter garments and some other items..I could able to notice People who are going to abroad particularly US and European countries prefer to buy all the winter garments ,thermal wear ,Leather jacket etc in this stall.Though the shop looks like an organised store people will bargaining and doing the purchase.I have also bought items worth 10k and he had given around 20% dicount and I happily went home.

The weakness from our side is that we are happy when we get discount.As I have the habit of maintaining the accounts I have cross verified the items billed.There I could able to notice that he has over billed me by including additional item that is worth 600RS.Then I called him and asked for this he immediately accepted the fault and agreed to refund the money.

It had happened to me in big retail stores like Big bazaar,Monday to sunday ETC..Hence,If we have the habit of verifying the bill twice and record the big purchases we can avoid loosing money.I have noticed many people working in IT industry are throwing money without verifying or proper recording system to record expenses.The sad thing is that we don not want to keep the bills even sometimes.


I AM WRITING THIS TO CAUTION YOU WHILE GOING FOR PURCHASE IN BIG RETAILS STORES.